What is Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) ?
Malaysia My Second Home (MM2h) Programme is promoted by the Government of Malaysia to allow foreigners who fulfill certain criteria, to stay in Malaysia for as long as possible on a multiple-entry social visit pass. The Social Visit Pass is initially for a period of ten (10) years, and is renewable. It is open to citizens of all countries recognised by Malaysia regardless of race, religion, gender or age. Applicants are allowed to bring their spouses and unmarried children below the age of 21 as dependants.
Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) Programme is introduced by our government to allow people from all over the world to live or retire in Malaysia in a long term basis. This Programme was transformed from the formally known “Silver-Hair Programme” which only applicable for those who were 50 and above. The MM2H is now open to all citizens of the world and has no restrictions on age, race, religion or gender. You may participate in this programme alone or bring along your spouse, dependents (under 20yr+4 months at the time of MM2H submission) and even your own maid from your country.
MM2H visa is actually a Ten(10)-Year Social Visit Pass with Multiple Entry Visa which is renewable every 10 years. It is basically a long-stay programme that allows the participants to live in Malaysia and not worry about their short term visa renewals. You are welcome to stay here for 365 days a year without having to leave the country because the visa renewal can be done in Malaysia.
Apart from having the opportunities to enjoy the good quality lifestyle and the unique values of Malaysia, our government is offering you who obtained the MM2H visa with attractive incentives to make your stay more comfortable and enjoyable in Malaysia
Why You Should Choose Malaysia? (MM2H)
Malaysia My Second Home (MM2h) programme is initiated, organised and launched by the Malaysian Government and is thus one that the Government will continuously seek to improve, to ensure its success. The Malay language (Bahasa Melayu) is the national language of the country; English is the second language but other languages can be freely used and practised. Similarly the Malay culture is dominant in the country because the Malays are the dominant race in Malaysia and in the region. But other cultures can be practiced very freely and there is a free intermingling of different cultures.
Malaysia has everything for the family,-theme parks, jungle trails,sports, water sports and one of the highest numbers of golf courses. The country has everything for the family,-theme parks, jungle trails,sports, water sports and one of the highest numbers of golf courses.
Malaysia My Second Home (MM2h) Terms & Conditions
MM2H Financial Requirement
Applicants are expected to be financially capable of supporting themselves on this programme in Malaysia.
Upon Application :
- Applicants aged below 50 years are required to show proof of liquid assets worth a minimum of RM500,000 and offshore income of RM10,000 per month. For certified copy(s) of Current Account submitted as financial proof, applicants must provide the latest 3 months’ statement with each month’s credit balance of RM 500,000.
- Applicants aged 50 and above may comply with the financial proof of RM350,000 in liquid assets and off shore income of RM10,000 per month. For certified copy(s) of Current Account submitted as financial proof, applicants must provide the latest 3 months’ statement with each month’s credit balance of RM 350,000. For those who have retired, they are required to show proof of receiving pension from government approved funds of RM 10,000 per month.
- New applicants who have purchased properties worth at least RM 1 million qualify to place a lower fixed deposit amount upon approval.
Upon Approval Below 50 Years Old :
Successful applicants are required to comply with the following financial criteria upon receipt of the `conditional approval letter’ from Immigration Department of Malaysia.
- Open a fixed deposit account of RM300,000.00.
- After a period of one year, the participant can withdraw up to RM150,000.00 for approved expenses relating to house purchase, education for children in Malaysia and medical purposes.
- Must maintain a minimum balance of RM150,000.00 from second year onwards and throughout stay in Malaysia under this programme.
Approved participants who have purchased and own property which were bought at RM1 million and above in Malaysia may comply with the basic fixed deposit requirement of RM 150,000 on condition that the property has been fully paid and ownership documents such as grant and land title have already been issued. This amount may not be withdrawn until the participant decides to terminate his participation in MM2H programme.
Upon Approval Above 50 Years Old :
Can Choose to :
- Open a fixed deposit account of RM150,000.00 ; OR
- Show proof of government approved pension funds of RM10,000
- After a period of one year, participant who fulfills the fixed deposit criterion can withdraw up to RM50,000.00 for approved expenses relating to house purchase, education for children in Malaysia and medical purposes.
- Participant must maintain a minimum balance of RM100,000.00 from the second year onwards and throughout his/her stay in Malaysia under this programme.
Approved participants who have purchased and owned property which were bought at RM1 million and above in Malaysia may comply with the basic fixed deposit requirement of RM 100,000, on condition that the property has been fully paid and ownership documents such as grant and land title have already been issued.This amount may not be withdrawn until the participant decides to terminate his participation in MM2H programme.
Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) Other Requirement
Medical Report for MM2H
- All applicants and their dependants are required to submit a medical report from any private hospital or registered clinic in Malaysia.
Medical Insurance for MM2H
- Approved participants and their dependants must possess valid medical insurance coverage that is applicable in Malaysia from any insurance company.
However, exemptions may be given for participants who face difficulty in obtaining a medical insurance due to their age or medical condition.
Security Bond (Direct Application Only) for MM2H
- Applicants applying directly are required to fulfill the security bond condition. Please refer toPersonal Bond for rate per person by nationality, ranging from RM200-RM2000.00.
Personal Bond (Application Through Agent) for MM2H
- Licensed companies are required to provide the personal bond for their clients who have been approved under the MM2H Program.